Key features of the WIREs model
- The WIREs publications focus on high-profile research areas at the interfaces of the traditional disciplines.
- Content for each WIREs title is selected, invited, and reviewed by an internationally renowned Editorial Board, ensuring that the highest scientific and presentational standards are maintained.
- Coverage is carefully crafted to provide an encyclopedic coverage of the field.
- New and updated reviews are added every month, ensuring that the most current information in the field is always available.
- Reviews are highly structured and consistently formatted, maximizing the accessibility and utility of the content to the user.
Article types are designed to cater to a variety of end users
- Editorial Commentaries provide an opportunity for WIREs Editors to offer their own syntheses of broad areas of research in a less formal and more flexible style.
- Opinions provide a forum for thought-leaders to offer a more individual perspective.
- Overviews provide a broad and non-technical treatment of important topics suitable for advanced students and for researchers without a strong background in the field.
- Advanced Reviews examine key areas of research in a citation-rich format suitable for researchers and advanced students.
- Focus Articles present specific real-world issues, examples and implementations.